Everything is accelerating
I believe technology has outsized effect on industry and society. Understanding the principles of technological change is rapidly becoming a fundamental management (and life) skill. I enjoy thinking and talking about these issues and have presented my thoughts in corporate and public environments.
These engagements help people think more clearly about the future.
Talks cover the nature of technology, principles of accelerating change, future-shocking thoughts and plausible scenarios for what's next.
The session explores causes (and consequences) of accelerating change.
- Welcome & Introductions
- What is technology?
- How to think about it
- What to expect of it
- Technology Principles
- Exponential Change
- Combinatorial Evolution
- Unintended Consequences
- Technology Examples
- Showcase noteworthy technological examples
- Explain context and consequences
- Industry Insights
- Future expectations and extrapolations
- Apply learnings within organization
- Conclusion (alternatives)
- Digital trends and driving forces
- Unintended consequences
- Technological disruption
- Creative applications
- Innovative thinking
- Scandic Hotels (Stockholm 2016)
- Google (São Paulo 2015)
- Caterpillar (Malaga 2015)
- Kempinski Hotels (Munich 2014)
- Chungdahm Learning (Seoul 2014)
- Vision Monday Global Summit (NYC 2014)
- iAmsterdam CEO Summit (Amsterdam 2013)
- Schneider-Electric (Bogotá 2013)
- LEGO Education (Billund 2012)
- Swift (La Hulpe 2012)
- Jaguar Land Rover (UK 2012)
- Naspers (Singapore 2012)
- THNK Amsterdam (2013–2016)
- THNK Vancouver (2015–2016)
- Graded School São Paulo (2013–2016)
- Trendwatching Live (London & Amsterdam 2016)
- Sibos (Geneva 2016)
- Trendwatching Live (NYC 2015)
- Business Transformation Summit (São Paulo 2015)
- Amsterdam Economic Board (Amsterdam 2015)
- Afferolab Future Technologies (São Paulo 2014)
- 21st Century Learning (Hong Kong 2013)
- World Trade Center (São Paulo 2013)
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas (São Paulo 2013)
- Sibos (Osaka 2012)
- Picnic (Amsterdam 2012)
- The Next Web (Amsterdam 2012)
- Campus Party (Berlin 2012)
- London Futurists (London 2012)
- Global Futures Forum (Washington DC 2012)
- World Technology Network (NYC 2012)
Challenges posed by technology affect organizations of all sizes and locales.
Don't hesitate before getting in touch.